Monday 23 June 2008

Inspired by New Romantics- or back to my youth!

This sculpey head is for a DC sawp hosted by AngyB. I used bronze Eberhard Faber Powder and gloss lacquer. After using the fibres for the badana I mounted the head in friendly plastic. I gold embossed the sides and printed the words onto vellum and attched with a gold brad.
My thanks to Spandau Ballet for the inspiration! I was listening to their record 'Gold' on the radio when I had the idea and it seemed fitting to use some of the lyrics from their song which were freely available to download!
I think the line - 'always believe in your Soul' is a thought provoking one - believing in yourself is probably one of the most important things a person can do.

7 comments:

Katherine said...

"You've got the power to know you're indestructable". Oh yes, I was a fan too. Fab piece of art!

JayBe said...

Oooh! I loved Spandau Ballet, Viv. I love your ATC too - the different textures look fab. Jx

My name is Cindy said...

Oh dear, all SB fans together hen!! Brill work Viv.

John Dyhouse said...

Great ATC, some creative ideas there.

Trudy said...

fantastic

PBird said...

This is great Viv x

artisbliss said...

I remember that song. 1980 something. I was in college, I know that much. I can see why this piece reminds you of that tune.