Sunday 1 March 2009

More Birds!



Have finally finished the pages for the Bird Journal jam over at our New Inspirations Group. These are Sherry's. Sherry's theme was 'lavender and lace' and we were told 'interpret how you wish'! I had some dried lavender so put some in a felt pouch which I attached to the bird on the left with the lace and ribbons. I found this quote of a lavender seller in Victorian London which I liked!
I also found a 'recipe' for lavender ink! It was designed for young Victorian ladies to use when they wrote letters to their 'heart's desires' so when the envelope was opened the 'mysterious scent would waft and linger'! I stamped inks bottles and nibs onto the background paper, added a vintage pic and put some more lavender in a vellum envelope attaching it to the bird's beak.

3 comments:

azLizJane said...

Beatiful and a wonderful story behind it too!

Liz

Sian said...

These are fantazstic. I love all of your birds.

Sherry said...

It's even more gorgeous in real life - and smells amazing!!! Thanks again Viv x