Tuesday 31 March 2009

Someone to Watch Over Me


Do It In An Hour's challenge was on the theme of 'Eyes'.

I made an ATC using a cream parchment paper background and stamping the eye image on it in grey Stazon. I then printed out the guardian angel image onto an inkjet transparency and overlaid the stamped parchment, securing it with a couple of brads. I thought it looked rather bare and flat so added a few fibres at the bottom to try and give some texture and then added a silver cross.


'Perhaps the idea of Guardian Angels is a fanciful one. They could be something invented by humans to help people cope with the difficult times in our lives. They could be real. Perhaps only your own faith or experience can determine their reality. Are these spiritual beings really "assigned" to assist people here on Earth and is there one angel per person, one angel for several people or several angels for one person? Ulitmately, perhaps only your own faith and experience can determine their reality. But whether you believe in them or not, or whether you want one or not, believers insist that you do have a guardian angel. '
I have called this ATC, 'Someone to Watch Over Me' and hope, if angels do exist that one is assigned to me!

14 comments:

Ginny said...

Awesome !!

June Nelson said...

OOh this is stunning Vivvy, just a bit dissapointed im not on your list of fav people he he heheheh. but its ok I can live with it lol, hopeyour ok huggies june xxx

Unknown said...

Another stunner! Love the texture you have added too x

Jan said...

Beautiful and powerful. Love the texture as well.

Unknown said...

hi matey.....another stunner...my your gettimg sooooooooooooooo good at this.....fabby hugs sassxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pattie said...

This is really lovely Viv,I DO believe in angels especially guardian ones,beautiful piece of artwork too x

nancy said...

Vee, This is wonderful. And I do think they are very busy about our business. Yours is probably in splints! Hahaha.

Unknown said...

This is Stunning! I love all the different layers and how they look like one.

I would love to have your Guardian Angel watching over me!

Lovely!

Thanks for taking the challenge

Flippinpest said...

Ypu make some stunners Viv and this is one of them! Great piece :-)

Anne said...

What a stunning piece of art! Like the fibres added...

Fiona said...

Wow - what a powerful image - I love it - thanks for joining in with my challenge

Debby said...

Beautiful Viv! The added "texture" is perfect.

Lynn said...

This is just gorgeous Viv, and personally I do have human guardian Angels in my life :)
Hugs
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is just beautiful, Viv! Simply stunning!
Hugs, Vanja