Wednesday 12 August 2009

Peaceful Princess



It has been a while since I entered something into a challenge and I've just been having a quick look through my favourite sites to see what everyone has been up to. At One Powerful Hour the theme was Dolls.

I made this doll for a swap over at Monthly Art Dolls on Flickr, so all of my Flickr group friends will have seen her before.
She is a 'no sew' doll which suited me as I am not very good with needles and thread!!
She is made from a wooden batten and fibrefill. Her body is wrapped in some red and gold shimmery silk fabric and tied with gold threads. Her face and hand are made from clay and painted.
She looks better if you click on the picture to enlarge her!


I have called her Shanti, which means 'Peace' and she is now winging her way to her new home with Malissa in America.
My friend June who hosts the 'So Artful' challenge blog has set the theme of 'Sleeping Beauty' for this week, so as Shanti looks like she is in blissful repose, I have also added this to June's challenge too.

7 comments:

Jan said...

She does look so serene and I love the name. Beautiful face and fabric as well.

Unknown said...

There is so much detail on her face did you paint all that one yourself??? Fabulous...and i love the fabric you chose to "wrap" her in...very feminine!

Thanks for taking the challenge.

Rhonda said...

Shanti is so beautiful! I love it when one piece can fit several challenges - she is a perfect
Sleeping Beauty. Cheers!

Deborah said...

She is so beautiful. Lucky is the mamma member who gets this one!

June said...

Oh my !!!!!!! How gorgeous is she !!!
Viv this is beautiful you clever lady you. Thank you so much for entering her for soartful too .. i am thrilled :)
I hope you are well my friend. I have so much on at the moment that i barely make it to post on my blog let alone get around and comment lol. still i am sure it will calm down a bit later on lol
hugs June x

stamp and scrape said...

What a wonderful expression on the face - the colours match perfectly.
Ros

ReneeBuchananArt said...

Viv, she is beautiful! I don't remember seeing her on Flickr so I'm glad you brought her back here :)

Renee