Thursday 8 October 2009

Back to normal


Ah well, the long days gazing out on a clear blue sea or up into a clear blue sky are behind me for another year (at least!). We had a fabulously lazy time, weather was fantastic but sadly all good things come to an end don't they?

So on my return I set about finishing the ordered Christmas Cards. After declaring yesterday I was sick of looking at Christmas cards and this year I was sending shop bought to everyone, this morning I decided to tidy the desk.

Under all the mess there were two stamped images which I had done before I went away and promptly forgot about...... so I made them into a Christmas card!

The backing paper is from Papermania 'A Christmas Carol', and has a fab linen feel to it. I used distress inks on the stamped images and added some pearlised crimson paint for the berries. (On the pic there is a block of red behind one of the berries... don't know ehere this has come from cos it ain't on the card!!!)

Quite like these two images together.... might make some more...................................

5 comments:

Maureen said...

So much for your firm resolutions. Glad to have you back it's been too quite around here!!

Sherry said...

Welcome back Viv - we've all missed you!!! Love the vintage Christmas card too!

(thanks for the comments on my blog - so animated - lol, just like the lady herself!!)

June Nelson said...

OOOh vivvy loving it!! I know what you mean I only ever make 3 cards and I think im up to number nine now lol, huggies from me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jan said...

Welcome home Viv... you are always missed.
Love the card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous background and beautiful work Viv.
Hope all is good with you and the weekend is going well
hugs June xxx