Saturday 3 July 2010

Finally some cards.......



These last few weeks have all gone by in a bit of a blur really and I have not felt like doing anything - I am still feeling low and the weepy side is overtaking the creative side - BUT- made myself sit for a couple of occasions and colour in some digi stamps. Once coloured in, I then had another session making them up into cards for my Pink Day. (I am proud to say I have just sent off a cheque for £350 in donations in lieu of flowers for Mum - I know this would have pleased her greatly and I have been overwhelmed by everyone's generosity.)

Back to the cards ....... the beer barrel teddy was done for my friend's OH who likes the odd glass (or three) of Boddington's Beer! The other one has gone into the Pink box. Both images are freebies and I coloured them with a mix of distress inks and promarkers. Backing papers for beer barrel are by Papermania (Hampstead Collection) and the backing papers for the Wine card were a pressie from Maureen, and as she didn't tell me whose they were I can't tell you!
Crafts and Me and Paper Sundaes both have challenge themes this week of Birthdays so have submitted these.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Brilliant cards. Sorry to hear of your loss. That verse is beautiful I used it on the remberance service cards for my Grandma.

Take care love Sarah x

Nicks said...

Lovely cards as always, Love to you Viv at this difficult time xxxx

Netty said...

Smashing cards Viv, take care. Annette x

Meggymay said...

Super cards Viv, like the sentiments about the wine.
Take care. xx

Jan said...

Lovely cards Viv.... love the images! Thinking of you... take care xxxxxx

Alica said...

wonderful! love the images you used!
Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes today!

gina g said...

Fabulous cards hunny, so sorry for your loss darling, hope you are getting support from family and friends. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Connie said...

Lovely cards as always Viv.
I'm thinking of you often - it is a difficult time for you but happy memories will return.
Lots of love, Connie, xx

Sherry said...

Beautiful cards Viv, take care xxxx

Anonymous said...

Your cards are absolutely darling! Gorgeous coloring!

Shana said...

Fabulous colouring! Love the colours you've chosen for both cards. Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!