Monday 20 December 2010

Tag Book


First challenge of 2011 (and it ain't even here yet! LOL) is posted over at my Flickr Group Art N Soul.

I chose the theme of 'Beautiful Buttons' and the challenge was to make a Tag Book with at least four tags.
Each tag had to have a button on it somewhere and your books could be made from anything you wished.
I chose ordinary card and just dug out a pile of vintage stamps.

You can only see one tag clearly on this pic but both sides of each tag are decorated. (if you want to see the rest of it, just click on the 'Art N Soul' link above). I tried to continue the vintage theme throughout the book and have used Paperartsy stamps, K and Co paper, distress inks and vintage lace and buttons from my stash. Oh and a wee bit of shrink plastic on one of the inside ones! (cos the stamp I wanted to use was too big!)

It's made a welcome change not to be Christmas Card making yesterday and today. We still have a foot of snow and temperatures of minus 9 today - the lane is still blocked with snow and ice so going out was impossible so I have sat here in the crafty space until my bum has become numb!

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh, the numb bum method - must try it if you get results like that! It's brill Viv!

Jan said...

Ooh! that was quick! Great result x

Meggymay said...

Wow, fantastic book, you have been quick to get it made. xx

Maureen said...

Lovely tag Viv, i'll start mine asap.

Jackie said...

Fantastic tag book, hope the numb bum has recovered, I get it sitting here blogging :o)
Jackie xx

Anne said...

Very nice. Just keep crafting, it takes your mind off the cold LOL!
Anne
x