Sunday 13 March 2011

Toy Share!

I have had no time the last couple of days to do any creating. Yesterday passed in a bit of a blur - was busy during the day and last evening we went to a friend's Ruby wedding. A couple came to view the house this morning so I had to spend a few hours doing the dreaded housework!
Tonight I have sat and made a few basic men's cards for my stash as it was running quite low.
The little creation pictured is one I did earlier in the week. I am not ashamed to admit that I really really love this LOTV stamp! 
I steered clear of any designer papers opting just to use white card and decided to just try using different textured cardstock and embossing folders to see if I could produce a layered effect. I'm getting quite brave and stamped direct onto bright white card. The stanped images were then cut out with the large die and I coloured the stamp with promarkers and distress inks. I used a white textured paper for the larger die then used the 'textile' embossing folder for the third layer. All of the layers are mounted onto 'snow white  fine grain' textured card.
The papers were all 'brushed' with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink  and the edges of the various layers were also inked as was the die cut flourish.  The addition of the blue organza bow, the flowers and the blue pearls finished the card - but I couldn't resist running some stickles round the edge of the main die or dabbing it onto the detail of the little girl's dress!
Challenges -
Let's Ink It Up - Embossing
Dream Valley - New Beginnings
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

16 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Viv i love that layered white look x i love that image too and hope to buy it at the show next week if I can get near the stand LOL :0)

Jules said...

Hi Viv

A gorgeous make. I too love this image very much and struggle not to grab it everytime I make a wedding card LOL!!

Love how you have kept the background all white and gone for embossing instead of design papers. A great look.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Your card is so pretty, love the white with a touch of blue, great embossing too. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Hugs Suzanne

Anne said...

Funny sentiment!
Good luck with the viewing
Anne
x

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card, lovely stamp. I hope the house viewing was positive :o)
Jackie xx

Jan said...

Lovely effect Viv using just the white and a hint of blue. Beautiful little stamp too. Hope you are ok xxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv. What a beautiful card. Love the delicate colours, cute image and the ribbon is just perfect. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

georgina said...

Love this Viv,i have this stamp but forgot, will have to have a play,you've inspired me, luv Georginax

Monica said...

Love the sentiment - the funniest I have seen so far on a wedding card. And the card is so very lovely. Great background. Such gentle colours as well.

xxx Monica

coops said...

gorgeous card viv, fab image and the sentiment is brilliant :D

xx coops xx

Lynne in NI said...

Awww, gorgeous card Viv, love your delicate colour combo, and that's a fabulous sentiment too!
Hugs
Lynne (Dream Valley DT)

Brenda Brown said...

This is such a fantastic card Viv. I love the colours, the stamping and the embossing adds real dimension to the overall effect.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Let's Ink It Up.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

PetraB said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colour combination, so elegant and stylish and very sweet.

Sharon said...

What a sweet wedding image and the verse made me smile. The embossed layer and all the other details makes for a pretty card!
Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up embossing challenge.
Sharon G.

Kathy said...

Wow this is just beautiful! :)

So happy you submitted this to The Simon Says Challenge Blog.

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Haha the sentiment is hillarious, love it! Beautiful card :)Thanks for joining Let's Ink It Up's embossing challenge!

Tammy xox