Wednesday 7 September 2011

Multi purpose card and a Moan!

I wasn't surprised to see it's been a week since my last post - have been struggling to find my mojo and to pick myself up from yet another disappointment after a further viewing of our home resulted in the same feedback from the estate agents - 'the bedrooms are too small'. Our home is a 3 bedroom cottage with 3 reception rooms built circa 1820 with a complete self contained annexe (which Mum used to live in)and the estate agent provides a glossy brochure complete with floor plan and room measurements.......... so why when the measurements are there do people waste my time (and theirs) by coming to look anyway? How big does a bedroom have to be - if you can get a bed, wardrobes etc in it what else do you need???? I have lived here quite contentedly for almost 25 years and now there's just the two of us we need to get something with not as many rooms and a smaller outdoor space. It makes me mad then depressed when I keep having people traipsing through my private space when they obviously are just 'carpet treaders'. Read the damn brochure and look at the floor measurements you idiots!
RANT OVER...................

So I made a couple of cards this week, neither I think are very inspiring - they're both destined for the 'Pink Box' and I hope someone thinks they're OK!
One of them fits the challenge this week at Less is More which is to include metal somewhere on your card.
I don't know whether the gold mesh I used in the aperture of the die qualifies but I also used a pair of metal champagne flutes secured with a white ribbon just in case!
I layered the die cut from white pearlised card over some gold card.
I forget the last time I used a dreaded (cannot bear to say it really) - peel off - but as I can't print in gold then needs must!
I opted for the word 'Celebrate' instead of congrats etc as I thought this card could be used for a special birthday or occasion as well as wedding or anniversary. 
Less Is More - Metal
Ooh La La - Anniversary
The Paper Shelter - Embossing

19 comments:

Lynne said...

Fabulous card Viv, I`m sure the gold in your aperture will qualify.
I can so sympathise with your house selling. I sometimes wonder if other people do different things in the bedroom to us ROFL. They all look the same when your asleep...
Lynne xxx

Carol said...

This is a super card Viv, love the embossing folder. I'd rant too if I were in your shoes - hate time wasters! Carol x

Chrissie said...

Hi Viv, house selling is one the of the most stressful activities so they say, so I can sympathise with your rant.
Your card on the other hand is lovely... of course it qualifies as we did say metallic and not necessarily metal, but having both you're absolutely spot on!
I hope your house sells soon!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

This is a lovely celebration card.

Anne said...

Love those champagne flutes on your card.
People have unrealistic ideas of what they can get for their money often. I'm guessing that your home is in their budget, but not their aspirations. Market has changed since we sold 8ish years ago but you can have all the people in the world look, it needs just one person to be a. proceedable and b. in love with it. It will happen at some point I promise:)
Keep smiling and keep the buggers guessing!
Anne
x

Monica said...

SOOOOO STUNNING! Love it all... those champagne glasses are adorable.
xxx Monica

Mandi said...

Lovely card, brilliant glasses
Sympathise with you over moving house!
Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful card Viv, love that emboss and cut folder! My first thought was that it looked like a sleigh and would make a great Xmas card!hope you resolve this stressful period in your life soon:) Your house sounds lovely!
Val x

Suze Bain said...

Love those little champagne flutes. A beautiful card. xx

Aileen said...

I can sympathise with your house move, I still shudder when I think of ours and it was 4 years ago! But as Anne said it only takes one.

Love the gold flutes on your card, they are brilliant for a celebration card.

Hope that you will soon be needing one of these cards for yourself! x

lalkygirl said...

wow viv what a beautiful ,classy and elegant card ,i love the flutes .....perfect.
i am sure you will find the right buyers for your home,someone who will love and take care of it as you have,i hope you find them soon and the process from now on leaves you stress free.
thanks for joining us at ooh la la and good luck
tracey x

Jackie said...

Oh dear, it must be so very frustrating. Methinks they are watching too many TV programmes which feature house with bug bedrooms and en suites etc!
You card is so beautiful, I love thos elittle champagne flutes :o)
Jackie xx

Maureen said...

Lovely card Viv, the chmpers flutes are cute!!

Lee said...

Oh Viv i am sorry,your home sounds wonderful,you rant all you like,must be so frustrating.Your card is really fab.Hugs xx PS.You could always drop a Ball on their foot lol.xx

Linby said...

Lovely card-those miniature flutes are just adorable.
Sorry to hear about your time wasters, hope you get better luck this weekend.
Linbyx

Tracey Manderson said...

This is wonderful!! so elegant. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, and good luck with the challenge
Hugs
Tracey

Cards By MI said...

What a lovely looking card. It's so classy. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter. Please do join us next week too.
Love n hugs
Marie

pickle said...

How very elegant x

Anne said...

A very classy card Viv. Thanks for sharing with us at OLL and hope to see you back again soon. Hugs x