Tuesday 19 June 2012

Sunshine!

It's been a lovely couple of days here - the sun finally decided to come out and stay for a couple of days! (Forecast from Thursday onwards ain't so bright but hey ho, make the most of it while it lasts!)
I've been busy with a couple of projects and have a few finished cards, pics all taken and saved but thought I would post this one tonight, before I go in to watch the footie... Don't know why I'm watching - they make me real frustrated when they give the ball away and real nervous as I never believe they're going to win!!! But in true patriotic manner I shall be shouting at the TV as per usual!So before all the manic behaviour I am sharing a serene card!!!!!!!!


Oh dear, look who's been shopping at Wild Rose Studio again??? I am soooooo ill disciplined.....lol

This one is called 'In the Meadow'.  Image was stitched onto a die cut frame cut from Coredinations cardstock.

The backing papers are from Imagine and were what were left from the 'Rose' post (see below) and just seemed perfect for the image. I stitched them onto the same pink card after distressing the edges a little.

The beautiful sparkling white lace was a present from Alessandra - isn't it gorgeous? Was gritting my teeth as I used it! I added the fabric flowers from my stash.

I coloured the seam binding with 'Pink Carnation' promarker, tied it into a bow and secured with a pearl buckle, adding 3 pins and a couple of pearls.

The sentiment was a freebie (and I'm really sorry I can't remember where from but thank you whoever you are) and I mounted it onto another die cut frame with a couple of flourishes.
The base of the easel was made with the rest of the polka dot paper and the scrap remnant of the pink card was cut using an MS punch (one of my birthday pressies from dear husband), and i stuck a couple of tiny pearls onto the flowers and some larger ones onto the prop.
This wasn't made for anything specifically - sometimes it's just nice to make to make if you understand what I mean!

Challenges -
Craft Your Passion - Flips and Folds
Cheerful Stamp Pad - In the Garden
One Stop Crafts - Pink, Green and White Easel
Sketch and Stash - Free choice of previous sketches - Sketch number 8 (tilted slightly)
Creative Card Crew - 1,2,3 - 1 image, 2 papers and 3 pins   
Papertake Weekly - Bingo and I chose Ribbon/Free/Blooms
Card Crafters Circle - Include a Sentiment
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Lots of Layers 

Hope the sun has shone in your part of the world and thanks for stopping by to see me. x

32 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Stunning Viv, absolutely stunning. I too am going to shout at the telly and cheer our footie team on. Here,s to a victory and progrssion to the next round.
Love Sandra xxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Viv this is so pretty...love the image and your lace with and those pretty little flowers

Anne

Teresa said...

Oh wow! Coming here is a real treat to the old eyes, this is really beautiful Viv, really love it.
Hugs Teresa xx

Viv said...

What a super card again Viv, loving the pink of course. I think I may also. Thanks for all the support recently too, much appreciated :) Viv xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

June Nelson said...

Vivvy Babe its fantastic hun and its pink!!!!! ooh im loving this one, but not the footie are youmad woman!!!!! xxx

Unknown said...

superb card !!! all in pink so a winner with me love it sassxxxxxxxxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hello viv
Fabulous card ....... So pretty viv......... Stunning...
Hugs sylvie xxx

Flowergirl said...

This is so beautiful! Gorgeous image and really love your papers, I thought it was fabric at first x
Wendy x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Viv, I like the image I like that fabric roses that beautiful lace and the pins.
Kevin xx

PetraB said...

Absolutely adorable and soooo pretty in pink! Thank you for joining us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

My name is Cindy said...

Oh Viv this is just gorgeous! Love all that stitching detail - I sometimes think about getting my machine out but that's as far as it gets! Hugs, Cindy

Shelby said...

This is so beautifully sweet and delicate. Gorgeous work and really love the pink ribbon!

Shelby

Annette said...

wow what a beautiful card, that bow is so gorgeous Fab layout xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a gorgeous card Viv with so much pretty detail! Hugs Susan x

Jackie said...

Oh wow, what a stunning card Viv, so pretty in pink :o)
I'm not a footie fan at all but I am pleased they won. I cannot get enthusiastic about 22 grown men kicking a bag of wind around a field!
Jackie xx

coops said...

so gorgeous viv.i love the image and really stunning pretty colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Sharon said...

What a beautoful delicate & feminine card!!! A gorgeous image too - your colourling is fantastic!! Thanks for joining us at the Cheerful Stamp pad!!

Carol Willis said...

Absolutely gorgeous Viv. I love this image. The papers and gorgeous details are perfect.
Hugs
Caz x

Maureen said...

Such a pretty Image Viv and the whole card is lovely!

Chrissie said...

I love this card, so pretty and feminine!
Adorable image and pretty papers, dies and ribbon.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
Chrissie xx

Sasha said...

Love your pretty image, Viv. Beautiful papers and gorgeous embellishments.
Thank you for joining us at the Pretty Little Robbon Shop challenge x

Jill said...

stunning card Viv love your choice of sketch and the colours are gorgeous thanks for joining us at SNS hugs Jill xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Viv this is just so pretty and feminine - I love it! I love all the details - the stitching, the lace, the pearls and I like the way you thought the easel out so there's somewhere to actually write a message LOL! Vicky x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Viv :-) WRS designs are all sooo nice and the whole design of this is very pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Pauline said...

Wonderful creation.... thanks for sharing at the Card Crafter's Circle!

Unknown said...

cheers for leavving a comment hun and congrats on your win withthis card over at wedding entry at card crafters circle...woopy for you ..enjoy your prize hugs sasyx

Anonymous said...

sooo sooo pretty fab image beautiful papers and layout tracy x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely stunning hun & thank you for adding the sketch...

Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash & good luck!

hugs and xxx
Gemma

Ally said...

the lace is perfect for this wonderful card and the image is oh so sweet! Wonderful creation, Hun! You don't have to grit your teeth, I have more lace in case you run out :o)))
Big hugs, Alessandra

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Viv said...

Arggghhh ! missed words out before...I think I may also need that Promarker I meant to say....and I have it now too, it's lovely :)Viv xx