Tuesday 19 February 2013

Spring is on it's way?

Certainly feels like it here today! We had a hard frost overnight but during the morning the sun came out and is still here at 4pm! Unheard of! Not only that but it was warm enough to dispense with the 'North Face' body warmer under the jacket this morning on my walk too! The crocus and snowdrops are all flowering and the daffs have just started to poke their heads through the soil - so is Spring on it's way? I hope so!

I realised today it has been almost a week since I last posted....... I have been trying to visit all my blogging buddies but life has overtaken me this week! My head has been full of other stuff- but I was asked to make a wedding card and I managed to concentrate for long enough to put this together.
Not too difficult but was a bit fiddly and to be honest it doesn't look like I spent hours on it - which I did - because my concentration level was virtually non existent during the assembly process!!

I used white hammered cardstock throughout.
The punched edges are done with a MS punch - not the one I wanted to use (which was my doily lace one - but it decided to give up the ghost and won't punch through anything!) but think it looks OK.

On top of the punched layers I cut another piece of card and wrapped three strips of broad satin ribbon round it by mounting it onto foam tape to raise it from the square piece.

Another piece of white ribbon and some lace onto a piece of card which was then placed on top of the 3 ribbon piece and then the two pieces were matted onto the punched edged layer.

I printed out the sentiment in varying fonts using a grey colour and cut with a fancy tag nestie and added two little sparklies!
The butterflies were punched out and stamped with an Elusive Images flourish stamp in Smokey Grey ink and liberal helping of glamour dust applied! Couple more sparklies on the bodies.

The large pearl and crystal heart is of course from Imagine (where else! LOL) and I popped a scrap of lace under it to hang down - tried ribbon but it looked too 'heavy' so stuck with the lace.

Overall I'm reasonably happy with it and who knows if my new punch arrives later this week I may well re-do in a cream colour and let the lady choose which one she wants then the other can go in my stash!

Challenges -
Created with Love - Things that Fly
Love to Create - All that Glitter
OLLCB - Sparkle and Shine
Dream valley - Ribbon and Bling
2 Sisters - Love
Crafty Ann's - Love Actually
Daring Cardmakers - Fly Fly Butterfly
Pretty Little Ribbon - Anything Goes

I hope that you all have had the same sunny day as me! x

32 comments:

Chris Hanselman said...

I love your card. I am doing my daughter's wedding invitations. This gave me a couple of ideas.

Bridie said...

Lovely WOW card.

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeously elegant wedding creation. Love the all white.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Lynne said...

Ooh I really like this Viv. Smashing use of ribbon and your puched edges look fab.
I really do hope that spring is on it`s way, I`m sick of being cold.
Lynne xxx

Jackie said...

Despite your lack of concentration, this is really gorgeous :o)
Jackie xx

Crafty Lark said...

Totally gorgeous and it all goes beautifully together. xx Flora

Mau xx said...

Thanks a million Viv for your advice, I had been on Blogger about 3pm today and I have changed to Firefox..came back on Blog and its much quicker.. still approx a minute before I can scroll down though. Certainly better though..what browser do you use???
Love the card, Its so classy and certainly looks like you spent time on it to me.
Have you tried the usual Waxed paper through your punch?
Huge Hugs Mau xx
off to see what you have made since have been missing :)

Stamps and Paper said...

A beautiful wedding card Viv and love your design its eally elegant.

Anne

Scrappin Mama said...

Wow Beautiful wedding card, Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges
Lisa O

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, I'm sure it will be loved by the recipient.
Yvonne x

PetraB said...

just exquisite, love the all in white theme

SandeeNC said...

Gorgeous card, and I loved the combination of fonts used! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Wow love this it is beautiful. Love all the die cuts as well. Thanks for sharing at Created with Love Challenges.
Linda K.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A gorgeous card Viv love how you have used the ribbon and the tag die for the sentiment. The Pearl heart is just so pretty! Lots of snowdrops here and I even saw some daffodils in bloom last week!! Oh at last!!!!! xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Viv love the layout
jacqui x

Wendi said...

What a beauty I love all white cards and your embellishments are so pretty
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Jules said...

Hi Viv

This is gorgeous.

Sometimes things do seem to take far longer to complete than the impression the finished look gives. I often think that with some of my creations.

There is lots of lovely detail and I love the sentiment on its fancy die!

Love Jules xx

coops said...

oh wow this is beautiful viv.gorgeou pretty design :D

xx coops xx

Zuzana Obert said...

Loving every bit of this card Viv! Fantastic work! I think you should despaly it somwhere or frame it! Thank you for sharing your talent with Daring Cardmakers this week. Zuz. x

Alli Devine said...

I love WOW designs and this is gorgeous Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations

Alli xx

craftin-dawn said...

Lovely and very elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Things that Fly Challenge!
DawnD

Beccy said...

Your card is beautiful Viv, I love white on white it always looks so elegant, and of course it is perfect for weddings.
Cheers,
Beccy

Adrienne Crist said...

Viv,
I will say this, it does look like you spent quite a bit of time in this because it is absolutely gorgeous!
I love the polka dot scallop edging repeated, must try that!

Second, I laughed so hard at your crafting commandments! Yep, I am a sinner and have broken each one multiples of times! LOL, would you mind me copying them for my blog?

Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations!
Blessings,
Adrienne

Sarah said...

This is a very pretty card! I love the embellishment.

Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Challenge.

Sarah x

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely gorgeous Viv! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Lin said...

Viv, this is gorgeous. Lovely white on white, which is so difficult to achieve, but you have done so beautifully. I love those two cute butterflies with their hints of glitter, and that heart and pearl ribbon topper is to die for.

Lin xx

cotnob said...

This is such an elegant card, I love the punched edges.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous white on white Wedding card! Love the added sparkle on the butterflies! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
Ruza, LTC DT

amanda phillips said...

This is lovely! Thank you for sharing with us over at love to create challenges.
Amanda LTCDT

Crafty and Green said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Create Challenge!! Please Come back and play with us again soon!

Many Blessings,
Tina LTC Team

Claire said...

Wow how beautiful, soooo pretty, thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time
Claire xx

Viv said...

A real WOW card again Viv,I love it :) Viv xx