Saturday 30 March 2013

Just a very quick posting with a card that's taken me three days to make (!!) and unsurprisingly I think it will end up being dismantled and the bits that can be saved will be... and perhaps I will try again when I feel better.

Kicked off on Wednesday with what I thought was a 'bit of a cold' - now I feel like I've been run over by a bus and the rear wheels are parked on my chest - hacking cough, no voice (much to dear husband's delight...LOL), and the wooliest head in the world.

Which probably explains the card!
Tried to use up all my scraps of 5th Avenue papers, distressed, given a liberal rub with some Antique Linen DI then stitched them all together. 
Used some cream vintage lace for the edge and cream seam binding for the bow.

Flower from stash and added three pearl pins.
Sentiment stamped with Versafine then cut out with a nestie fancy tag.

Birdcage is a Memory Box Die embossed with Weathered White EP then rubbed some pink metallic rub over it, glued some pearls in a swirl for the 'hanger'.
The tiny feather was my attempt at 'the bird has flown' - (told you my head was woolly!!)
Finished with some more pearls.

Maybe it will look OK when I feel better????

Challenges -

C.R.A.F.T.  - Female
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes with Ribbons
Rhedd & Rosies - Vintage/Shabby
Allsorts - Vintage
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Will try and get round to visiting you all - if the coughing fits stop for long enough! Enjoy the rest of your Easter Weekend. x

28 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love this card Viv what a brilliant sentiment
jacqui x

Mrs A. said...

Hi Viv, sorry to hear you don't feel up to scratch. Hope you feel beeter soon. I totally forbid you to dismantle this card!!! It is lovely. Perfect in every way. The papers are an absolute find. Hugs Mrs A.

Zoe said...

Oh I do hope you don't deconstruct this card? It's so lovely, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv...over the shabby chic look
Hope you feel better soon

Anne

An Occasional Genius said...

Viv, you are being far too hard on yourself, it's completely gorgeous! Don't dismantle it at all. I know how you feel being ill, I am on the way out of it but it's a slow process I'm sorry to say. My voice has not gone but is gravelly, hubby thinks I sound like Mariella Frostrup whose voice he finds quite sexy....I'd rather he be delighted at my silence lol!

Look after yourself, lots of rest, fluid, good food & maybe a tot of something medicinal before bed ;-)

Wendy said...

It's so beautiful Viv...hope you feel better soon.
Wendy xx

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful card Viv. Hope you have a good Easter and feel better soon.
Yvonne x

catherine said...

This is really lovely and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week for my challenge. Hope you feel better soon
x catherine

Donna Ellis said...

A beautiful, romantic, feminine card, Viv. Such soft colors and sweet papers!

Lin said...

Love that ribbon/flower at the corner of your card! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week, and feel better soon!

Unknown said...

This is just stunning and love the shabby look about it....get well soon.xx

Desire Fourie said...

This is so pretty and I love the pastel colours and shabby chic feel.
{I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Jackie said...

Unlike yourself, there is nothing wrong with this beautiful card, I love the soft pastel colours :o)
I hope you are soon feeling much better...hugs
Jackie xx

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the design, gorgeous colours and such a nice sentiment
I hope you are feeling better soon
Sue xx

coops said...

wow this is beautiful viv.i love the pretty birdcage and really gorgeous details and design :D
i hope you are feeling better soon.

xx coops xx

Paper Junkie said...

Do hope you are feeling better soon Viv and step away from the card - it's gorgeous just as it is! X

Sandra Wright. said...

Despite you feeling like you've been run over by a bus your card is stunning.I love those 5th Avenue papers,they are so vintage and shabby.
I love the flower and that fabby little birdcage with its pearls.

Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedd & Rosies.....

Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs
Sandie x

lady jasmine crafts said...

love the flower fab thank you for joining us at Rhedd and Rosie. xxx

Laura said...

Lovely vintage card
Feel better soon
Thank you so much for joining us over at Crafty Ribbons
Have a good week
Laura
:)

carol said...

lovely shabby chic card, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT and CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

Di said...

Absolutely stunning Viv - I do so love the addition of the little feather as well. Lovely work.

Hope you feel better than you did too!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

PS - We don't have many rools in the Playground as you know - so do please feel free to link this beauty, a bit of back linking is OK within a few days and I bet the girlies would love to see it! And it sounds as if you used snippets of those 5th Avenue papers - must use mine more as they are really beautiful.

Hugs, Di xx

Anke said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
hugs Anke

Lynn said...

A beautiful card - hope you feel better soon. Lynn x

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, love the colours and great embellishments.

Sylv xx

Viv said...

Soooo very gorgeous Viv :) Viv xx

Debs Willis said...

So hope you feel better soon, and get that bus to move off your chest! Love the card, even if you;re not sure!
Hugs, Debs x

Beccy said...

This card is gorgeous Viv, I love the pretty soft colours and the beautiful papers you used. Wonderful sentiment too.
Cheers,
Beccy