Wednesday 27 November 2013

Triangles and Tribulations

I was delighted to see some new followers to my blog - a big hello to  Doris, Sarah, Dawn and Marjon! And thanks for clicking the button to follow me!
Have you ever bought something and then years later think 'Do NOT know AT ALL why I got these - have never used them and am not sure that I ever will'????
Go on - own up!!
Sorting out my new craft space after we moved I found three packs (yes THREE packs) of triangular shaped cards - white, green and silver.
It seemed a good idea to buy them at the time - LOL- it was when I first started card making - around 2003!!!
Almost felt sorry for the unloved dusty packs so early resolution - to use up at least one of the packs.

After staring at this odd shape  (well odd for me anyway) for about 2 days and discarding any silly ideas -  I opted for quick and basic!! (Doing a lot of that lately!!)

Here is the result -
Embossing folders, Snowflake and Christmas Tree dies, snippets of pastel glitter paper, a scrap of mirri card, a couple of stamps, some gems and the tiniest piece of ribbon which would you believe had stuck itself to the bottom of an acrylic block!

Used up the whole pack of white cards - made 2 of each design  - fear the green and silver ones may remain in the drawer for another 10 years!

Challenges -
Paper Players - Shaped Cards
TSG - Card Sets
Pixies Crafty Playground - Snippets
Clear It Out - Add a Snowflake
SOS - Winter
Songbird - Die Another Day
Paper Minutes - CAS Christmas
Crafting By Designs - Winter/Christmas

Thanks for looking (if you click on the pic you'll get a better view) and thanks too for leaving any comments - I appreciate every single one. x

29 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is a gorgeous set of Christmas creations. Love the embossing on them.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Di said...

Oh Viv - you and me both!! Mind you, 10 years is almost a record I would think. But hey! What a fantastic set of cards you made - each one different and perfect.

Hugs, Di xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oooh great cards Viv, loving that idea. x

Pia S said...

I think these cards turned out fabulous!! Such a clever design for these triangular shaped cards - well done!

Sue said...

They are fabulous Viv, certainly makes a nice change to see a different shaped card and your detailing is gorgeous.
Sue xx

Shirley said...

Been there done that Viv. Maybe I should take a leaf out of your book and start using the stash, especially as these cards transformed into little gems with those magic hands of yours.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Ha ha funnily enough the other day I dug a big shoe box out that is crammed full of card blanks and envelope sets must be at least 50 sets all covered in dust thinking I should really do something with these!! Now you are shaming me into it Viv!! These are gorgeous I love them all and if I thought I could make something that nice with mine I think I would go find a duster!! Susan x

scrappymo! said...

Good for you for finding a way to make them look up to date!

The embossing folders really jazzed them upand they look very trendy!!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Viv we are all guilty of that ....love your triangle tree cards
And a but different

Anne

Beverley said...

Totally with you on the why did I buy this?! Fabulous & festive collection of cards. Hugs Bev x

coops said...

these are gorgeous viv.fab shape and i love the embossing ;D

xx coops xx

Wendy said...

You have done a fabulous job with these Viv, really beautiful.
Wendy xx

Lorraine said...

lovely different cards

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are gorgeous Viv I like the shape the embossing and the trees.
Kevin xx

Meggymay said...

I agree to the hoarding and and buying cause it seemed a good idea.
A fantastic set of cards, hope to see what you make with the other packs.
Yvoone x

Anonymous said...

thanks for popping by! these are sooo pretty! yeah, we all do it but i always think the 'inventory' will come in handy one day and sure enough it does. :)
linda

Jackie said...

They look lovely. I have lots of stash that I look at and wonder what possessed me to buy them :o)
Jackie xx

Carol Willis said...

Love these Viv, fabulous design.
Hugs
Caz x

Janice said...

A good find Viv and a beautiful set of cards. Thanks for visiting my blog and the lovely comment you left - bomb me out if I have too many layers as I knew I was stretching it a bit to be CAS - I just loved the card! Jx

Lynn said...

A great find - I think the embossing really make these cards great. Yes, I keep finding stash where I think 'whatever possessed me ...' The other cards could always be used to die-cut some gift tags, eh?! Lynn x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Fabulous cards.... I think i have some of these cards....
Nice job...,
Hugs Sylvie xx

Cathy said...

These shapes make perfect christmas cards, love the gorgeous embossing, Cathy x

Sarn said...

They look stunning Viv. Congrts of using up some Very Old Schtuff!

Hugs
Sarn x

Paper Junkie said...

Well at least you had the sense to buy white trangle cards - I've got a couple of packs of gold ones which I found recently! They may end up being used for small die cut labels or tags - one day. Your embossed cards look fab - including the green ones! X

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, yes, I have quite the stash of WHY DID I BUY THIS!?!??! You are not alone. BIG whoop for using the whole pack!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

PS: I think you should use the silver and green ones, too. Make them Christmas trees. I dare you.

Laura W said...

I think they turned out fantastic! This would also be a great shape to use up your scraps with and layer them from top to bottom :)
Thanks for joining us at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog, best of luck to you

wendyp said...

Beautiful tree cards! Thanks for playing along with this week's There She Goes Challenge!

Sue - said...

Gorgeous set of cards. I think we all have things like that in our stash - seemed like a good idea when we first started crafting!

Natasha said...

I like how you embossed on each individual tree!

Natasha - DT Songbird Challenge