Sunday 2 August 2015

Anything Goes with a Die

 Tattered Lace are this months sponsors over at  Stamping Sensations and our challenge theme is 'Anything Goes with a Stamp and a Die'. They are very generously offering one lucky winner a £50 store voucher to spend at their on line store
I am currently away for the entire month at the National Championships so I hope my scheduled post behaves itself and publishes!

This was a reasonably quick card using coloured cardstock from SU throughout.
I really  like the pale green which probably has some delicious name (as all the SU cardstock does!) and I used that as my base.

I used an Indigo Blue large script stamp inked in Vintage Sepia onto the lighter card then matted onto dark brown.

The birdcage die is from Memory Box and I think the Ivy and tiny bird are Marianne (but don't quote me!).

I used a snippet of the base card for the ivy trail and whilst still in the die sponged on some Shabby Shutters DI  which highlighted the 'veins' in the leaves.
The little birdie got the same treatment and the birdcage was cut from another piece of the left over darker card, so this will be going into Pixies Snippets Playground!
Finished it with s small green pearl and a tiny stamped tag.

Challenges - (to be linked if I have time!)
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything Goes
Paper Creator - Dies
Gem of a Challenge - Birds

Thanks for looking - hope you can find time to join us this month too! x

15 comments:

Eve said...

Hi Viv
Ha! I am commenting before you have linked to the playground where I am Prefect for the week while Miss Di has a well-earned rest!
Wow! this is a stunner!!!
At first glance I thought that the background was dry embossed!
I love the colour combination and that di is dreamy!!
Eve xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv love the script background

Anne

Tracy said...

Hi Viv
This is gorgeous, I love the design and colours.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Monica said...

This is so pretty and gentle.

Love,
M

Jackie said...

A beautiful card Viv, I love the script backing :o)
Jackie xx

Nannieflash said...

A sweet image and a fabulous card design. Thanks for joining us at PG, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Sarn said...

I'm thinking the green is Certainly Celery for the delicious green. Lovely stamping and die cutting my friend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Linby said...

Pure genius to make that background for the die - why can't I ever come up with ideas like that LOL! Will be casing this idea (if I remember it!). Off to pin it to my board.
Linbyx

Jacee said...

Fabulous Viv!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Pia S said...

It's really beautiful. Viv. You've turned snippets into a really wonderful creation, and I do like the fresh green with the browns and beige colors.

Vic said...

Cute little card! Thanks for sharing with us this month in our "anything goes" challenge, over at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

Darnell said...

You're card is lovely, Viv! I'm thinking that green looks like "certainly celery!" As you say, a delicious name and a perfect color for your design!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Lynne K said...

A lovely, elegant card, Viv. The background is fab!

Lynne x

Sally H said...

A gorgeous card, Viv! Beautiful work x

pinky said...

This is just a gorgeous card Viv, loving your dies!!