Friday 27 November 2015

Sparkly

Another grey, wet, windy and miserable day here - perfect craftie space weather! (But terrible for taking pics).

Am just finishing my Christmas cards and this is another quick make - so much so that I made half a dozen in different colours whist I had the dies out.
It's just a variation on the theme of the dangly star below.  

Bright white base card, a layer of red and another white layer embossed with a snowy folder.
Offcut of the red card used to cut out the bow ( I have had this die since last year and this was the  first time I have ever used it....)
The stars were the outlines from the cards I made here.  The die cuts out lots of different sized star shapes and outlines so this was one way of using up the other stars.
Have now depleted completely the roll of tiny silver metal beads, so at least I can say I have used SOEMTHING up! The bow and star were stuck with 3d glue so they are raised from the base card.
Sentiment from SU stamped in Rocket Red Versamark ink.
Challenges -
Uniko - Christmas CAS
Rudolph Day
Sweet Stamping Christmas - Stars
Crafty Addicts - Use a Die Cut
Rubys Rainbow - Christmas/metallic twist (my beads!)

Thanks for taking some time to look at my blog today - hope you are having a great day whatever you're doing! x

28 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Viv
Dianne xx :)

Jacee said...

A lovely design Viv, so pretty
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Darnell said...

I love the design idea of the hanging star, Viv!! So elegant and CASlicious! I also enjoyed the bowling photos in your last post!! Have a great day!! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

Very swirly and glitzy and I love your dangly star xxx

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous use of the ribbon die, I have that and I may be giving this idea a go, if you don't mind.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous CAS card Viv, I like the design
Kevin xx

Meggymay said...

This looks beautiful and elegant Viv.
Yvonne xx

Hettie said...

Very pretty card there Viv. Love the schparkle.
So I understand you and I are kinda married!!!! You Mary and Me Joseph!!!! This should be quite a Nativity Play!! I still don't get where the chickens come in!! Haa Haa!!
xxx

Mrs A. said...

Very CAS and beautiful. hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable card Viv..xx
 { aNNie}

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful! I have that die too and this is such a clever idea for it!

Great glitzy snowflake too...

Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge and good luck in the prize draws.

brenda said...

A lovely card and choice of sleek colours Mrs K.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Jackie said...

It's another wonderful CAS card Viv, lovely design :o)
Jackie xx

LesleyG said...

love your sparkly dangling star card xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card, love the star.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely CAS card Viv

Anne

Pia S said...

Classy! Great card with scrap pieces!

Diane said...

What a delightful design Viv.

Hugs Diane

Sally H said...

Happy Rudolf day, Viv! I love your card x

Mrs A. said...

Parsnip is going to play your baby! Hugs mrs A.

Neva Cole said...

Wonderful clean and simple card with great finishing touches! Thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges for the Christmas with a metallic twist.

Tracey T said...

Great use of die cuts to make this lovely card. Thank you for playing along at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

MaryH said...

Love the CAS look of the crisp white snowfall embossing on the background, with the slender red bow & that gorgeous sparkle of the silver star. It's just beautiful. TFS & Hugs

Inkypinkydelights said...

I am pleased I have stumbled upon your Blog. Such lovely work and this is no exception. Judy x

Pat said...

I love the red bow and silver chain and star against the white falling snow background Viv, and the red layer together with the sentiment also in red complement it really prettily. x

Deborah Frings said...

Such an elegant CAS card - love the embossed detail and that sparkly star is fab. Thanks so much for playing along with our Christmas challenge at Uniko this month!

Beverley said...

CAS & beautiful :) Love the sparkly star too! Thanks so much for sharing & joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Cazro said...

A wonderful CAS card with your touch of metal. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow. Caz DT.