Sunday 20 March 2016

Kindness

A non crafting friend bought me a complete Santoro Glitter Decoupage Book and some matching papers last year which were in a 'bargain bin'. She hadn't a clue what they were but thought that 'you could make some quick cards for your charity box and they might make a couple of pound"!
I thanked her very much and didn't like to say that I am not normally a decoupage type person - mainly because I am rubbish at cutting out - so imagine my relief when I saw that these were already pre-cut!

Shamefacedly I must say though that it was a while since I attempted to make any cards with the contents but can now announce that to date I have done 3!

They weren't bad to make either and I only had to add some fancy embellies.
I used some peachy vintage lace, hand dyed and scrunched up seam binding tied it into a bow and added a resin rose in the centre.
Popped on a few pearls and card finished.  Although I don't think I will ever become a completely decoupage card person I confess that because I didn't have to think too much it was quite nice making these up.

(Whether I do the whole book is another matter - but think they will be good to use when Mr Mojo disappears!).
Still away from home - hoping you're all having a nice day whatever you're doing. x

14 comments:

brenda said...

How clever making the cute image looks so very vintage Viv, super make.

:) :) :) :) no wonder Mr K was throwing his arms about.

B x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Vintage card Viv and your sweet image

Anne

Loll said...

You've done an amazing job with this decoupage image. All the special touches add so much ... one gorgeous, vintage style card Viv! xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is beautiful Viv. I love the way that you've used the same colour ribbon as her dress and I think that frame looks exquisite with it's hint of sparkle, it's lovely x

Pia S said...

What a sweet act from your friend. And the good thing, it made you step out of your comfort zone and achieve a very successful result, it's lovely!

Meggymay said...

It may not have been something you would have picked, but this is a beautiful card, with lovely embellishments.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

Great job you have made with these and love all the glitter and the peach a very rarely used colour, it's a shame, note to self, must use peach colours.
While I do love paper piecing, decoupage is not something that I am into but the other week at local craft shop they had some new images and I quite liked them so I bought a couple of sheets, first one went in the bin, second and third put aside for when I am stuck too.
Have a good week Viv.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous!
Kevin xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the card. I think you could do amazing things no matter what the supplies. Excellent Viv.

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours and image used...love this gorgeous creation....xxx
 {aNNie}

Sarn said...

Love the result Viv. Good on ya for giving it a go.

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

Linby said...

Love these images and have some stamps yet to see ink! You've done a fab job with the kit, just love it.

Linby said...

You are forgiven! One of your cards was actually the inspiration for my Rudolph Day card. L x