Sunday 5 November 2017

One layer Christmas

Christmas will soon be here (and as usual I have done not a lot in the way of cards!) - so this month at Stamping Sensations we have a Christmas Challenge for you - if you're like me you need a push to get going!
Just one teeny point - the challenge is ONE LAYER CHRISTMAS! So not fussy and fancy millions of layers, cost a fortune to post cards - just one single layer!

There is a great prize on offer this month from Tattered Lace  - who wouldn't want this lot of goodies before Christmas?
Please remember though - WE ARE A STAMPING CHALLENGE - .
So must see a stamped image, sentiment or quote as the focal element of your artwork , this means:
Stamping must be the central point of attention and interest

I managed to get a little free time and do my card - sadly the weather was terrible when I came to take the pic so it's not the best but my little winter scene looks OK in real life.


I used a £2 coin (for the moon) and brushed Stormy Sky and Victorian Velvet DI's for the sky. I didn't want the moon outline too sharp so applied much less ink near the coin!
Tumbled Glass DI sponged  along the top edge of a hills template for the shading of snow.
The trees stamp is an old one (it must have been wood backed at one time - sadly no more so no idea where it came from).

I randomly stamped the trees using Stormy Sky DI.
Then I made the mistake with the sentiment by using the same DI - which didn't give a good crisp impression - but hey ho I've just gone with it!
Finished it all off with a white Gel pen and some glittery stuff!
Linking up to
AAA - Ink Blending
Crafty Friends - Christmas
Hoping that you will join in this month  - my teamies have once again come up with some great inspiration for you - please pop across to the blog and take a look!
As for me - well I'm still on the road attending End of Season Presentation Dinners. But am home a little bit in between so promise to pop along and visit you all when I can.
Hope all is well with you all in your part of blogland! x

24 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful scenic Christmas card Viv

Anne

brenda said...

It's a beautiful and peaceful Winter scene Viv and perfect for this months theme.

Three nice ones in the bag yesterday.

B x

pinky said...

A beautiful snowy scene Viv, certainly gives a peaceful feeling just looking at it. I love your card.

Linby said...

I love the soft gentle feel to this card and I think stamping the sentiment in the same DI adds to it. A great scene too.

Carole said...

Great inking Viv! ..and a fabulous card...love your scene.xx

Marlies said...

A beautiful winter scene Viv. You created a beautiful background and wintersky for the trees. The glitters are a perfect add. Elegant! Marlies

Wendy said...

So beautiful Viv... I really need to get on with some Christmas cards.
Wendy xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This really is such a beautiful and peaceful scene Viv and I love the colours that you’ve used. The touch of pink in the sky looks terrific. I hope that all is still going well on your tour. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Sally H said...

A very beautiful and peaceful card, Viv! I love it. It is a really serene scene xxx

Pia S said...

What a beautiful winter scene, it looks so calm and peaceful...

Joan said...

Lovely snowy scene Viv, love your use of a £2 coin as a mask for the moon!

Joan x

Kathleen said...

Really beautiful card Viv, gorgeous background and a lovely design.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful one layer card Viv. Good for you to get making Christmas cards in your precious free time.
Yvonne xx

Sarn said...

Love this beautiful scenic card Viv.

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Jannet said...

A gorgeous wintery scene very tranquil x

Cara said...

Wow, what a wonderful scene. I love your choice of colours x

Jane said...

Absolutely stunning scene, love all the subtle blues. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Tracy said...

What a gorgeous serene Christmas scene Viv, I love it!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

aussie aNNie said...

yeah she's back, hi Viv, gorgeous card love this scene.xx[aNNie]🎄

Dora said...

This is so pretty, soft feeling of winter. beautiful card.

Barb said...

A beautiful snowy scene Viv. I love your blended sky. Barbxx

pst said...

Beautiful scene, the trees are great and the stars make the sky. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Viv, this is fascinating! Such a beautiful winter landscape. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

Let's Art Journal said...

What an amazing wintery scene you created on this Christmas card - I love it! The softness of the colours and stamped images are so beautiful 😁. Wishing you a Happy November! J 😊